Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO solar panel not charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an ARLO PRO using the Arlo solar panels. Initially, the solar panels did their jobs and would show that they are charging.  Now under the device settings, there is a yellow triangle with a lightening bolt and down by the battery life, it shows a red battery symbol with an exclamation mark in the centre of it.  I have unplugged and re attached the solar panel charge cord/plug but it still reads the same and is not not charging.  I also used dialetic grease on the contact to ensure a good contact with the cord and camera.  The cameras are under cover and out of the elements and the solar panels are collecting sunlight.  This problem just started about a week ago.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you could temp try the panel on another pro camera to see if its the camera or panel

and then contact Arlo support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The red exclamation point means the camera/battery temp has dropped below freezing. Li-ion batteries shouldn't be charged cold so the system prevents it.

LH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks.  That makes sense as it is below freezing at night and has since warmed up above zero when the sun comes out.