Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO can i purchase the 3 cameras or buy the set with the little square modum looking box?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DTGB48
Follower
Follower

My question is we already have a security system.... but are looking to get some cameras for the outside of our house...... we are needing 3 at least... my question is can i just purchase the 3 cameras or do i have to buy the set with the little square modum looking box?  sorry if this is a silly question but not really familiar with how these work.... hubby wants a system that we can view from our phones throughout the day and that also allows us to record any activity... thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
hastings1331
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think you would have to have the box part too.  The cameras communicate to the box (base station), and the base station communicates to the internet so you can view on the phone.  However, right now many users are having battery life issues with Arlo Pro (myself included) so if  you are leaning towards Arlo Pro you might want to see how that plays out.  There is another thread on that.

I can only speak for the Arlo Pro though on the battery life.  I don't know how well the Arlo Pro 2 does, it may be fine with no battery issues.  I do really love how I can access my cameras over my phone at any time, it is extremely handy and gives me a huge sense of security.