Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
seanJ44
Star

I have the orginal Arlo cameras (14 of them!) and would like to know what the trade-in policy is to recieve the Arlo Pro?

dag77423
Novice

I just bought (4) Arlo 2-Packs, from Costco,on 9/22/16. Had I known about the release of the Arlo Pro, I probably would not have made that purchase. I would be very happy to see a trade-in or discount offer.

JtArlo
Tutor
I would love to have this options as well.
Paybax
Guide
Well Costco has a 90 return policy so you are in luck.
alwezhpy
Tutor

This year, I purchased the base station with 5-cameras and would love to hear what Netgear is going to do to accomodate their existing customers.  It really seems like the new Arlo Pro is a culmination of requests and improvements needed that were discovered and funded by the current customers who purchased the Arlo systems. 

I want to try not to be too negative as Netgear has been a great source for a lot of other products I use.  However, it only makes sense they would already have a plan of action for their existing customers who have endured the hardware failures and extreme cost of camera battery usage.  If not, this needs to be addressed quickly as I'm sure most current customers already have or are looking into alternatives. 

JamesC
Community Manager

While there isn't currently a "buyback" or "trade in" program, keep in mind that the Arlo Pro Cameras are backward compatible. Additionally, your existing Arlo Wire-Free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro Base Station to utilize the new base station features. This allows for flexibility when adding to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

JamesC

keithws
Initiate

@JamesC, will there be a firmware upgrade to the old Arlo base station to add support for saving videos to local stoarge over USB?

GadgetGuy
Luminary

Oh boy here we go again. 

I was also a Vuezone user, had  to throw my expensive system in the garbage because all the wish list items were introduced in a new product.

Waited a year for a trade-in deal, and after over a dozen emails, instead of a trade-in, I got a small discount. Pretty much a free camera if I purchased 4. I went for it. 

Now, again, not a year later, another upgrade. Yes it's compatible (but don't get all the new features). Do I have to spend another 500 dollars to get sound and rechargeable batteries? 

I really hope Netgear makes it a little easier this time. We are the loyal users and we are the ones that send you the wish list items and report bugs. I will be anxiosuly waiting for the email. 

Oh, despite all my frustrations, I still love the product. And yes, I spent 400 last week on an Orbi system. I like it a lot.

rlds
Tutor

When I purchased my system 8 days ago it was after months of research on different products, and I ended up deciding on this Arlo system and spending considerably more than I had planned because it seemed like the best option for us, got generally really good reviews, and had few drawbacks.

I was not too pleased to find the morning after I had gotten all the cameras installed an configured that there is now an "Arlo Pro" model that addresses some of the concerns I had about the Arlo system, specifically, the non-rechargeable batteries and the siren in the base. Also, the motion detection is not working as well as I would have expected, and it seems the Pro model addresses this also.

Is there any option of an upgrade or exchange for very recent purchasers? I suppose I could go uninstall everything and return it, but Im not sure when to expect the new system to be in stock, and would rather not remove all of the mounts.

Please let me know of any exchange or upgrade options available.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager

rlds,

While there isn't currently a "buyback" or "trade in" program, the Arlo Pro Cameras are backward compatible. Additionally, your existing Arlo Wire-Free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro Base Station to utilize the new base station features. This allows for flexibility when adding to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

JamesC