Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ROLAND-
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking to install approximately 60 cameras and I’m looking for 30 days storage. How can I configure my account to see all cameras under one account? Do I need to have separate accounts or do you offer business/professional subscriptions that would permit more than 15 cameras under one account. Is there an option to configure cameras to record until motion/activity stops or 120s is the max recording available? Do you have charging stations that would allow charging for more than 2 batteries at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ROLAND-,

Business plans are available for Arlo. The Enterprise Business subscription plan supports up to 40 total cameras with 60 days of cloud storage. You can find more info on these plans under Subscriptions within your Arlo account.

Currently, the maximum recording length is 120 seconds upon detecting motion.

There will be an Arlo Pro charging station available very soon. For more information on the charging station, see here: Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C)

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't see Arlo Pro being the right solution for your requirements.  These cameras are designed to capture motion only, not be used for continuous recording.  If you could keep them running continuously you'd be changing the batteries twice a day.  

This is primarily for a home environment with limited activity.  A business would most likely be activating the motion sensors constantly and continually uploading small snippets to the cloud.  I can't imagine that would be useful for monitoring activity in a business environment.

ROLAND-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras would be installed on 28 neighboring houses (independent living retirement community). There is very little activity.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I was waiting for @JamesC to jump in here. There are business accounts available but I have no info on them. I've seen it here in the past so some checking would be useful. Checking with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop versions of these pages may get you faster answers.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ROLAND-,

Business plans are available for Arlo. The Enterprise Business subscription plan supports up to 40 total cameras with 60 days of cloud storage. You can find more info on these plans under Subscriptions within your Arlo account.

Currently, the maximum recording length is 120 seconds upon detecting motion.

There will be an Arlo Pro charging station available very soon. For more information on the charging station, see here: Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C)

JamesC

bosox
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the max recording time 120s or 300s? There is an option for 300s but after setting that button, I still see only 9s or 10s snippets. Am I missing something with the 300s option?

Also need the option for ac cables instead of buying another battery. I just want to plug them in instead of worrying about battery levels. The last thing I need if I am plugging them in is another battery.

Thanks in advance.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now it's 120 seconds. Maybe later bthe up to 5 minutes will be reinstated.

bosox
Aspirant
Aspirant

The sad part is that I was asking the Arlo Support team about this the other day and he told me I could use the 5m setting. I have changed it to 120s, but this may not be what I was looking for in a product. We need more of one constant recording when motion is detected. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Don't forget that motion has to be detectable. The same issues for the initial detection apply for continued motion detection.