Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO NOT RECORDING OR NOTIFYING

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
anav_ds
Aspirant
Aspirant

New owner.  Setup one camera and I walked around and saw, heard and talked to myself on the phone app.

Setting System:  ARMED (motion detection on),

Settings Camera:

If motion detected .. RECORD

Push Notification:  Send to email address

After I did my walk about, I checked and there are no recordings captured and no emails sent??

8 REPLIES 8
TheAardvark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same thing.  Something is broken at Arlo.  No recordings, no notifications.  Been doing it since at least 8am Central time this morning.

anav_ds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, I spent some time with chat support and the following steps solved the issue.

First, I logged in and back into the account.

Then, I restarted  my home router.

Then I reset the arlo base station to defaults using the pinhole in the back.

Then I unplugged the base station for sixty seconds and made sure I pushed the on off button a couple of times after to get rid of any latent electrical juice.....

Then I plugged it all back up.

Waited a couple of minutes till I had a green llight for power, green for internet and off for sync (went from green during reboot, to amber, and then to off).  

Then I resynched my cameras.

Reinstalled.

All works fine.

Tonight I use my iphone using airport utilities to scan my home and got rid of any 2.4ghz networks (the Arlo is sitting on channel 3) and thus the only 2.4 ghz networks are from other houses that are far enough away not to be a concern.

This was done to ensure better connectivity.    I had read an article on how to geeks that stated they use z-wave technology which would have been far superior to wifi schitte!!!  The article was wrong.

Good luck on your trials........

TheAardvark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately my issue was different.  All of my cameras were showing that motion detection was disabled (and it was not manually shut off or by any schedule).  Therefore, no recordings or alerts were taking place.  I have opened a ticket with netgear to see about getting this bug corrected.  It's pretty bad when your security system basically shuts itself off.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you verified that your firmware is up to date compared to the listings in the Release Notes here?

TheAardvark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Of course.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheAardvark,

Are you still seeing this behavior after enabling motion detection? Were you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode when this occurred?

JamesC

TheAardvark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to be clear, I never manually enabled motion detection to fix the problem.  I went into each camera and started a live stream, and upon doin this the motion detection turned itself back on.

Depending on the time of day I use one of 2 Modes:  either ARMED, or ARMED+NOTIFY.  At some point, all on its own, the motion sensing disabled on all cameras.

I have used the Arlo and ArloPro for a couple of years now and this is the first known time this has occurred.  Getting the motion sensing back on is not the issue.  The issue is why did it turn itself off?  There is a serious bug somewhere and that needs to be addressed by Netgear.

TheAardvark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket with netgear regarding this bug yesterday and so far there has been no response.