Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Firewall support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
sturner
Follower
Follower

I logged into ARLO website and was in the chat room to see if i could download arlo to my windows laptop. I was then told I would receive a call from tech support. I received a call from Jennifer who said she was with ARLO and had been for 6 years. She then proceeded to tell me that i needed additional firewall protection and that there were foreign IP addresses that had hacked into my computer. At her direction and recommendation I purchase a 3 year total support for $350. My question is to ARLO is this a legitimate service that is provided by ARLO?

The company name that the payment was made was to was techsist web solutions llc. I checked them out on the BBB and there is number of complaints. Also is there any additional concerns i should have since they did download firewall protection software to my computer?

Thank you   

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sturner wrote: At her direction and recommendation I purchase a 3 year total support for $350. My question is to ARLO is this a legitimate service that is provided by ARLO?

No.  It sounds like you reached a scam web site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

dcfox1
Master
Master

You called or got on a chat with a scam company. Go to the support setting in the app for chat and if you have a subscription, it will show a phone number. Even a subscription is 10 USD a month.  If you paid dispute the charges with CC company. 

How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

KJCota
Aspirant
Aspirant
Last week I ordered 2 Ultra 2 base and camera set. Installed over weekend and found that where I wanted to install the cameras that it was too far away from HomeBase for signal to cameras. I called tech support to see if there was a way to boost signal or help eliminate issue. He automatically told me that my Firewall coverage had expired and I needed to renew for the cameras to work. I have another camera set at my office and doorbell and know of them are have issues. He gave me no other options to try to fix. I told him it didn’t make sense and basically hung up. Any suggestions?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KJCota wrote:
Last week I ordered 2 Ultra 2 base and camera set. Installed over weekend and found that where I wanted to install the cameras that it was too far away from HomeBase for signal to cameras. I called tech support to see if there was a way to boost signal or help eliminate issue. He automatically told me that my Firewall coverage had expired and I needed to renew for the cameras to work. I have another camera set at my office and doorbell and know of them are have issues. He gave me no other options to try to fix. I told him it didn’t make sense and basically hung up. Any suggestions?

Don't google for Arlo support numbers - instead use the support options in the app. 

You reached a scam support site - there is no such thing as "firewall coverage".  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

If you still have a link to the site you reached (and the phone number), then send an email with that information to the address in the above post.  Don't post it here, that just makes it more likely that someone else will find it in a google search.

Orlandoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
A mi despues de 1 año con la camara .me la desconectaron y no aceota mi pago se subscripcion hasta que pague 125 dolares para proteccion de firewal que yo no pedi
Ahora todos los gastos que hice por la. Camara quedaron tirados a la basura mi recomendacion es que comprar camaras Arlo es una MALA INVERSION
Orlandoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happrns to me
I called them .becouse my camara stop recording..tjey say i had to.pay 125 dolares for firewall protection.i toldem GO TO HELL.din't pay nothing
My camara is not recording
LO Mismo.me pado a mi.los llame porque mi. Camara dejo dejo de grabar ellos me dijeron que tenia que pagar 125 dolares por firewall proteccion..por lo que les dije que se fueran al infierno .les colgue y me bloquearon la camara.lo cual.me costo.dinero
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Orlandoney wrote:
Same thing happrns to me
I called them .becouse my camara stop recording..tjey say i had to.pay 125 dolares for firewall protection. didn't pay nothing

That's good, because you also reached a scam site and were not talking to Arlo.

You need to use the support options in the app.  Googling for Arlo support will often result in your reaching a scammer.

@Orlandoney wrote:

My camara is not recording

What camera model do you have?  Did the trial subscription just expire?

ray11111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive had this service twice. first time they told me i needed to pay an extra $150 for ip security. I did. now, less than a year later - I had not needed the service in the interim - I am again told after setting up again - same cameras and hub, that I need to pay it again. arlo's claiming the ip security from my phone isn't secure and that's why the hub isn't talking to the wifi - why it's not working. And, I didn't call the number for tech support, I hit "call" directly from the arlo app as I  was setting it up. This makes no sense. the person i spoke to said "about 1 of 20 cell users need this". really? and I need it twice in a year for the same cameras, hub and cell number. this was definitely arlo i talked with.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ray11111 wrote:

Ive had this service twice. first time they told me i needed to pay an extra $150 for ip security

this was definitely arlo i talked with.

No it wasn't.  You reached a scammer somehow - likely googling for a support number.

Note the bit that says

Arlo Support agents will never ask for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for Support services. If you chose an optional paid subscription plan for your Arlo products, use my.arlo.com to manage payments.

If you paid "support" directly (not getting a subscription through my.arlo.com) then you definitely weren't talking to Arlo.  And they don't offer the services you paid for.