ARLO Base Station VMB4000 HTTP 401 error attempting to add to new account

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
56roadmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added new devices to a second home and made the mistake of not creating a new account before adding the devices.  I wanted to start all over again so I deleted all devices from the old account, then did a factory reset on the Base Station.  Now when I try to add the Base Station to my new account I get an HTTP 401 error.

Http failure response for https://myapi.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/devices/claimDevice?eventId=FE!4e38a419-e868-498b-ad78-e71ea3240...: 401 OK

From the URL I am guessing that the device is still claimed under my old account.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this?  

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you able to see the devices in your old account under settings / my devices?

56roadmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope.  Gone from all my devices (PC and Android).  When I login I only see "add device".  Android App sees the Base Station when I do the add, but I get the 401 as a result of attempting the add.  I only see the error on the PC, the Android app only reports an error and says you need to login again (not very helpful).

Dannybear
Master
Master

I would tend to agree.

since you have tried using the web portal already, not much else to try. Could be a timing thing where the arlo backend is not getting updated with the base removal.

when you factory reset the base do you recall what the LEDs were showing? Did you get the flashing to indicate it was in progress?

you could also try importing the base back into your old account to prove it can be recognised, this means having to reconnect to your original home network that it was originally imported to.

i will tag the arlo moderators for their assistance.

@JamesC@ShayneS 

56roadmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Already tried to add back to the original account hoping I could recover that way.  No luck.  I get the same error regardless if old login or new one.

Thanks for your help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

56roadmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am still unable to connect my Base station to my account.

I have attempted this from this PC, from an Android device with version 3.6.9_28472 and from an iPad with 3.6.8 (3421).  They all discover the base station but when I attempt to add it to my account the Android forces me to login again and the PC displays the 401 error in a banner at the top of the application window.

Kamesh007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Were you able to add ? I am having the same issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Kamesh007

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?