Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

A turned off camera continues to record if activated by another camera in SmartCapture mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nobeer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use SmartCapture mode on my arlo pro.

I've turned off one camera through settings the, but I discovered that it continues to record and upload videos when activated by another camera. The camera is shown as disactivated in the list of my devices.

Now I realized that taking battery out is mandatory if needed to prevent possible snooping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nobeer
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you do not want a camera to produce recording take the battery out. No other credible way to turn it off.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Why not just remove the rule that activates that camera? But yes, it sounds like a bug and hopefully you've contacted customer support so they are aware of it and can fix it

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nobeer,

I've raised this concern in the past and it was indicated that this is behaving as designed. If you do not want a camera to produce a recording, ensure it is disarmed and no rules are active that would enable recording on that camera.

JamesC

nobeer
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you do not want a camera to produce recording take the battery out. No other credible way to turn it off.