Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

6 mo. In. Is the Pro a worthy upgrade?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
svtdriver
Guide
Guide
I own an arlo two camera system. I can't say I have been greatl impressed, especially with the motion detection but for a $99 Black Friday deal, It's decent enough.

Costco has a 3 camera system on sale for $450. I picked it up but have yet to open it. My question is to those who have moved from arlo to arlo pro. Is the upgrade significant enough to warrant the investment? Have you seen improvement in motion detection over the standard arlo? In my case, the cameras will pick up passing cars at certain times of the day but miss people walking up the sidewalk to the door. Wondering if Pro will allow definition of motion zones.

Thx in advance for your replies.
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can say that the Pro model sense level is at least 3x better than the Arlo.... It reacts faster in the sensing and how the trigger event is processed

TTBOMK, in Alro, the trigger event happens and it sends a signal to the base to start record, the base sends back ok..it starts.

In the Pro, the trigger event happens and the unit starts to record then sends a notice to the base unit... big difference!

The other main diif is the rechargeable packs in the Pro with audio and sound... these may or may not be important to you , YMMV.

The Pro does not have detection zones, the Q cameras do as they ae pixel base detection ( not PIR )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------