Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

5 Phone Calls & 4 Hours Later, I Finally Received An RMA email

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
tkat79
Guide
Guide

Dont bother buying their crap.  When you need support, their support is pure junk.  After 5 phone calls and 4 hours later, I finally received a RMA email.  Groundhog day big time, having to explain the same thing to every tech, you'd assume they'd have some really nice ticket tracking software being a multi billion dollar company.  

Never again, Netgear, never again.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tkat79,

I apologize for the poor experience. I am glad to hear you were able to receive the RMA information. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

JamesC

MikeArmistead
Guide
Guide

Ha!  Yeah I got a RMA number, but I never got the replacement.  No joke, I would rather talk to Comcast and AT&T at the same time than deal with Netgear Support again.  I've had 2 case numbers and keep getting told that it is a software update "at the warehouse" that's causing the issue.  3 weeks and no resolution.  You get left on hold for a ridiculous amount of time.... I'm on an online chat with them right now.  No resolution.  No replacement.  I'm stuck with a $180 paperweight and they get to keep my money.  I've returned my Netgear modem over this.  I will never by another Netgear product.  They're great when they work.  However, as soon as they prove defective, they drop the ball. 

MikeArmistead
Guide
Guide

I keep getting told that they're updating their systems and that's the issue.... For 3 weeks. I've had a RMA number for a while with the promise that Netgear will send my replacement with expedited shipping and a prepaid return label. However, they can never give me a date because of "the warehouse". I even had an "expert" laugh at me and my issue. No joke. This woman laughed at me. I will never buy another Netgear product. I just wanted my defective camera replaced. I've never had anyone in customer service laugh at me before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeArmistead,

Do you have the case number for your RMA? Please send me a private message with the case number along with your email address that you use to log in to your Arlo account and I will escalate your case as needed.

JamesC

MikeArmistead
Guide
Guide
My case has allegedly been escalated 5 TIMES NOW. I don't believe you out anyone else at Netgear is going to actually do anything about my case or RMA.
cdholm
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I call support? Phone number please.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page will have a pulldown with numbers for all supported countries.