Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

Two issues:

1) Motion is not reliably detected to trigger video recording. I have positioned the camera within 20 feet of my front door, off to the side, so people walking across the frame should be detected and recorded. This does not always occur.

2) When motion is detected and recorded at night, I always get at least 5 more "false positive" recordings where there was no motion. I have 30 second recording set as the default, and I will always get 5-10 (or more) recording every minute or less right after a legitimate motion-triggered recording. I can reproduce this, and have sat outside the field of view of the camera and there is nothing that should be triggering the recordings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New camera/base station firmware has been released resolving this issue. Please be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware. See here: Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The false positives are likely a hardware problem. Open a case with support.

For the motion detection issue, post a screenshot.
vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

1485956791449.jpg

vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

The strange thing with the false positives is that it can be triggered just from doing a live view.  This morning, I had no motion-triggered recordings.  I did a live view, and then immediately started getting false postive videos... 15 of them.  This seems to only occur when it's dark and the infrared has to kick in.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, open a case with support.  My cameras were RMAed and the multiple recordings at night stopped.

vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I have now opened a case with Netgear.  Have already tried the common troubleshooting steps.

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Did you get false alarm at night vision or day time?

If night vision, you might be hitting a very "popular" bug of Netgear. You can find 4-5 threads on first 1-2 pages of the troubleshooting forum. Symptom is, when night vision is on, doing a live view, or getting a legit motion event, will keep false alarms coming afterwards for multiple times.

If day time, that sounds like a new issue to me. My day time works fine.

vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it seems to only be occurring during night.  

ysu
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks. So your case seems to match all following conditions: 1. night vision on; 2. doing a live view or getting a legit motion event; 3. then nonstop false alarms.

I'm trying to track all similar issues here and included your thread. I'm hoping Netgear realizes this is not isolated issue.

Arlo Pro Nightvision Issue

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-Nightvision-Issue/m-p/1220448#M6562

ysu
Luminary
Luminary
vanbo
Tutor
Tutor

Another broad daylight complete missed video.  My in-laws come over to pick up our dogs when we're not home.  They go in/out through our front door, where I have the camera.  I have the motion-triggered video of them leaving our house with the dogs... but nothing recorded for them entering our house.  This product is essentially useless to me at this point; will likely be returning it to Best Buy this weekend.  Very frustrating, as I've already tried and returned the Ring Pro (due to inadequate internet upload speed).  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update with more information as soon as I can. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New camera/base station firmware has been released resolving this issue. Please be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware. See here: Release Notes

JamesC