Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnnyJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on vacation with a front door camera and a garage camera.

both cameras full charge before I vacated.

front door….I have seen NO sightings and fully discharged in 14 days.

garage.  I see a few sightings per day….a dog walk or trash truck…camera still at 100%.

Note: I have an extra battery and replace the front door battery with backup battery  when discharge occurs and both batteries discharge quickly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnnyJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem camera eventually died. Tossed it.  Now one camera has run down to a low # and is fluctuating  between 32% and 4% for the last month.  Still recording!!  Strange

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have activity zones set for the cameras?

Activity zones don't improve battery life - they do mask the amount of video streaming the camera is actually doing. 

JohnnyJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 cameras with big differences i battery life.  Do not have activity zones set up,  however the camera that runs down fast does not have a lot of notifications so don’t think activity zones are the problem. Also. I have extra battery so camera gets diff battery each time I replace.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnnyJoe wrote:

2 cameras with big differences i battery life.  Do not have activity zones set up,  however the camera that runs down fast does not have a lot of notifications so don’t think activity zones are the problem. Also. I have extra battery so camera gets diff battery each time I replace.

Have you tried swapping the cameras?  Then see whether the problem moves with the camera, or whether it stays with the location.

JohnnyJoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem camera eventually died. Tossed it.  Now one camera has run down to a low # and is fluctuating  between 32% and 4% for the last month.  Still recording!!  Strange