Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2.4GHz Channel and Issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just nosing around with my wifi analyzer and noticed that Arlo is no longer following the main router channel. Here, Arlo is stuck on channel 8. Also, Arlo's bandwidth is much smaller than it was several months ago. Though the signal strength is good (-27db at five feet) it is overlapping the auto select channel on the router, currently on channel 6. I changed the router to another fixed channel, and Arlo did not follow. 

Without any data I have no idea if this is just my set up or if this is some change that Arlo slipped in with an update. If this is happening with others, this could be the genesis of base / camera connection problems. Following the same signal exactly will not cause as many issues as overlap with your router or neighbor's interference since your router would change to avoid congestion. If your router is on auto select and changing to avoid congestion but Arlo is not, results could be communication problems that could cause different kinds of issues.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JoeCymru,

Thanks for the feedback, i'm not aware of any changes made regarding this behavior. I'll followup if I find out anything different.

JamesC

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks, James. For what it's worth, my router is an Orbi, the main router being an RB40R. This non-following is a recent change, within a month or so. Both the Orbi and Arlo have good signal strengths, and the router speed reads the same as always. However Arlo will not move off channel 8.