Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 4 cameras going offline or times out

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi finely got my arlo pro with 4 cameras and 3 of them work good but one closest to the base station is going off line or time out.
I tried to reset the camera , opening the door even taking out the battery and remove the camera and re-sync
but no luck. I chanced location 2 times and finely switched places whit good working one.
searching this community I see Im not alone with this problem and wonder if I should return this product.
A security system is only a good thing to have if it is working , but if cameras just go of line at any giving time the cameras become only heavy paper weights.
Did this issue aver got solved? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm I think I play with the camera a bit , got it in the house and the camera fell of the desk ,now it’s working for 12 hours without going offline.
Maybe this is the fix we’re looking for.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what the results were of swapping cameras around. If th eissue followed the camera, swapping at the store is the fastest solution,

MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes same thing on all 3 spots we’re the others work fine

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MickeyMeadows,

If the issue followed the camera and your other cameras work fine in the original cameras location, this could be a hardware problem specific to that camera.

Is the battery low in the camera that's having issues? Is it on the same firmware as the cameras that are behaving as expected?

JamesC

MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes the battery is fully charged and i upgraded all 4 cameras to the same firmware , it told me to do so setting up the system.
I life very remote and the drive to the store is 5 hour one way so I decided to keep the not working camera and ordered just one new ad on camera from amazon maybe a new update to the firmware will fix this. Hopeful Thinking 
Thanks to every one trying to help 
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also open a case with support here to initiate a replacement. There's no need for a 5 hour drive.

MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant

cant find a link were I culd open a case with support  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Support link at the bottom here.

MickeyMeadows
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm I think I play with the camera a bit , got it in the house and the camera fell of the desk ,now it’s working for 12 hours without going offline.
Maybe this is the fix we’re looking for.