Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

one out of 16 prov5s has continual intermittent connection problems. and support is awful....

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ruffnready
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 16 pro 5s2k cameras...one after 45 days started not holding connection, not being able to turn on spot and has been unworkable even in short line of sight with the router.   I am very experienced with networks and ran a tech company.  I have done all the things suggested in the library...and more common sense....This one camera will not reliably function where any of the other 15 will (plus a non Arlo camera) that all detect strong wifi signal at the test point....but I am stuck in Arlo support script land where no one is thinking and they keep wanting to blame it on my Network...My network is the Orbi latest, greatest and most powerful mesh network for large properties...Every device whether it be phone, tablet, printer, cable box, smart tv and more has no issue with the network or strength of signal...neither does 15 other Arlo cameras BUT Arlo support keeps going back to the same old scripts and applies them mindlessly....I have asked to have the camera replaced and asked for an RMA number..One person in support asked for the purchase info so I thought we made progress finally...but next support agent that picked it up starts the mindless script game all over.....Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get them solve the problem?  I now have days invested on this...BTW, even when it connects on the network, I am unable to change any parameters like turn the spot off and on...for 45 days it worked great....but now.....incredibly bad support.case with reference number 43615595

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ruffnready
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, thanks so much for your help...very effective....immediately I got an RMA....I have completed, it's been accepted and a replacement should be on its way.  Once received, the camera with the issue will be returned....

I really can't thank you enough for intervening...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ruffnready wrote:

with reference number 43615595

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can review and hopefully escalate your case.

Ruffnready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks latest response is they want me to forget the network on my phone and try a hotspot with the individual camera.   Their thought is they won’t be able to help me with a replacement if it has the same problem.  Well no I am not doing that ridiculous request.  And clearly they don’t get that every other camera is working just fine on the network.  

complete amateur hour at Arlo support.  I don’t know who next level is but that is who they say is driving this outrageous requests while ignoring that common sense.   Never seen any company’s support so stubborn and totally lacking customer Satisfaction.   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ruffnready,

I've requested a status update on your open support ticket. An agent will be reaching out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Ruffnready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Many Thanks James.  I need this problem to be rectified and get on with more pressing things.  I can only imagine people that haven’t had technical exposure being asked to do some of things that support has requested.  

Ruffnready
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, thanks so much for your help...very effective....immediately I got an RMA....I have completed, it's been accepted and a replacement should be on its way.  Once received, the camera with the issue will be returned....

I really can't thank you enough for intervening...