Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

anyone else have these camera not work????

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 of these pieces of **bleep** cameras and they are not reliable to turn on when motion is with 5 feet. junk!!!!! 

14 REPLIES 14
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you explain more of what you are seeing so I can provide support?

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

yes, i have 5 of them in my store and daily I have to go around to each camera to make sure they are working, I should not have to babysit the cameras. this is daily where at least 1 of the cameras does not trigger the motion of people walking by.  all cameras are within 8 feet of people walking by.  I have to reset the system to get them back up and working. this has been happening for over a year and worthless ARLO company does nothing and does not care about the junk they sell!!!!! these are pro 4 purchased 9/17/22. they are plugged in directly to power and the wifi signal is within 15 feet, used indoor only. unreliable junk. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried checking the motion sensitivity and changing that to see if it changes the behavior? 

https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera%22%20rel=%22noopener...

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

yes, they are set at 80, this is not the issue as each camera will work for a few days just fine. and than all of sudden froze, no recording for hours or ever until I log in and turn them off and back on again. I have to monitor the cameras constantly as I do not trust your junk to work as it should. starting to think its because there is to much footage recorded and your servers are doing this to save space. are you stopping my cameras? even after I pay for extra storage? are you turning them off? this seems more likely as I never paid for the extra storage before and this never happened. 

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

Piece of **bleep** cameras are all down again. it has been 30 minutes since they last recorded. JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

As of right now I only see that it is set up to record vehicles. If you are wanting to have it record for more features for example people or package detection you need to make sure that is set up. Follow these steps to set up the additional smart features.

https://kb.arlo.com/000056585/What-are-Arlo-s-advanced-motion-alerts-and-how-do-I-set-them-up

If that does not resolve the issue please reach out to support. Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

As of right now I only see that it is set up to record vehicles.

Do you mean set up to notify on vehicles?

Smart notifications don't affect recordings.  Though you can create a filter in feed to only show the recordings tagged as vehicles.

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

what are you talking about? who gives a **bleep** about notifications. why are you changing the subject? very annoying in the first place.   I can only turn off notifications for 24 hours max. so every single day I have go in and turn off notifications.  I can't turn all notifications off as I don't want notifications. but you force me to pick one, so i picked the vehicle as we never have cars driving through the store.  as you said this has nothing to do with recording.  so what is your point with this reply? did you think your response through?  you even said smart notification dont effect recordings. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Puppy123 wrote:

what are you talking about? 

@BrookeN said your camera was set to only record vehicles.  That isn't possible, so I was just asking for clarification.

@Puppy123 wrote:

I can't turn all notifications off as I don't want notifications. 

Actually you can change the camera rule to prevent the cameras from notifying when motion (or audio) is detected.  This would prevent all notifications, unlike the smart notification filtering.

Though I do get your main issue is that recordings aren't being made when they should be.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@StephenB yes sorry to clarify I meant to say it only has vehicle motion alerts set up. That is why I sent the link on how to set up smart notifications for people/packages as well. 

@Puppy123 reach out to support to have them assist you in your cameras not recording. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. I understand your frustration and we can work on getting it figured out. However, there is no reason to swear at anyone that is trying to help you. 

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

customer service is worthless. nothing resolved!!!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Has a agent reached out to you in regards of the behavior you are seeing?

Puppy123
Tutor
Tutor

no, and nothing helped, cameras still freeze. junk. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Someone should have reached out to you. I just want to double check if you have received  a call?