Routines keep showing up disabled

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Keith100
Guide
Guide

Why do routines show up disabled and will not change to enabled. I have to delete a routine and keep starting over then it may or may not work.  Need to add a section for support for this new software that is less than friendly.

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you mind sending me a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also are you on iOS or Android device?

TomColeman999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Routines used to work fine but recently have been constantly disabled.  I'm using an Android device

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can I get some screenshots of the behavior you are seeing? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Clivey47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the same problem when logged on via my android - it said the two schedules I have were 'disabled'.  I logged on via windows instead,  my.arlo.com and noticed the two schedules were greyed, although it didn't actually label them as 'disabled'.  I clicked on each and they were no longer greyed and the android app now no longer labels them as disabled.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Clivey47 wrote:

I found the same problem when logged on via my android - it said the two schedules I have were 'disabled'.  I logged on via windows instead,  my.arlo.com and noticed the two schedules were greyed, although it didn't actually label them as 'disabled'.  I clicked on each and they were no longer greyed and the android app now no longer labels them as disabled.  

Do you have the schedule automations enabled in every mode?  Any automation that isn't listed is disabled when that mode is chosen.

Clivey47
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I have mode Arm Home enabled for 'Set on evenings' and 'set off mornings', but Arm Away and Standby modes have these schedules turned off.

I previously tried switching modes in those schedules between Arm Home and Standby, but they would work in one direction but not the other!

It's early days - yesterday evening it successfully enabled my cameras but this morning it didn't disable them. 

My plan is simple - turn on all three Arlo Secure model VMC5040 4K Wire-Free Ultra 2 security cameras at 6pm every day of the week and turn them off at 9am.  You'd think that was simple to do, but no.  ☹️

Once I've got a combination of settings that works I'll post them here.

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@Clivey47 wrote:

No, I have mode Arm Home enabled for 'Set on evenings' and 'set off mornings', but Arm Away and Standby modes have these schedules turned off.

I previously tried switching modes in those schedules between Arm Home and Standby, but they would work in one direction but not the other!

When you were saying "set on evenings" and "set off mornings" were turned off, which of the modes were you in?  ARM HOME or ARM AWAY or STANDBY?

I would Routines >> Modes >> that mode, and then check under "automation" to see if "set on evenings" and "set off mornings" are enabled, under this particular mode.

And just to play safe .... do you happen to have any of your automations (under routines) enabling/disabling a schedule, when triggered?

Alex

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Clivey47 wrote:

My plan is simple - turn on all three Arlo Secure model VMC5040 4K Wire-Free Ultra 2 security cameras at 6pm every day of the week and turn them off at 9am.  You'd think that was simple to do, but no.  ☹️

1. Enable the schedule automations in both Arm Home and Standby, but not in Arm Away.  Check this in both the mode settings and the automation settings.
  2. Check that the cameras are armed in Arm Home, and disarmed (no camera rules) in Standby.
  3. Set the 6 pm automation to switch to Arm Home 
  4. Set the 9 am automation to switch to Standby

This will work (bugs might have gotten in your way before). 

Arm Away will disable the schedule.  If you return during the day, set the system to Standby.  If you return at night, set it to Arm Home.  The system will begin following the schedule again.