Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
george1712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to turn off the camera light (blue) from flashing everytime it detects movement?

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That shouldn't be happening. The likely solution is to remove the camera from your account and add it back in. Did that work?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

george1712,

As jguerdat mentioned already, a blinking blue LED is not an indication of motion detection. For more information on LED behavior, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

JamesC

george1712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I tried: restarting the camera, upgrading firmware, connecting to a different network, and removing it and adding back, but the blue light is still blinking for a few seconds when I approach it or if I make a sound. This happens irrespective if the system is armed or not.

regards,
George
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems you've done the troubleshooting needed. Use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to start talking to official support.

george1712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I have not solved the problem, but I discovered that the blinking stops when I disconnect the camera from the USB power supply - not sure if this is a feature or a bug. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be a bug. It kinda sounds like the battery is fully charged but is right at the threshold where the blue LED would light up so toggles between off and on. It shouldn't do that so talking to official support may be needed for a possible RMA>

jimlill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Pro4 and a Pro5, both on USB power. The blue 100% charge LED remains on. The option to turn it off seems to have been removed from the App.  I connect these cameras via Wifi, no hub.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Look in the camera settings and click on the top selection that shows the camera which is Device Info. In there use Indicator LED to turn off the LED when fully charged.

jimlill
Aspirant
Aspirant

That button is no longer there

Selection_1540.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't click on the TOP selection that shows the camera and whatever you've named it. 

jimlill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it... thanks...    

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You appear to be going into settings using the camera widget on the dashboard.

Go to the devices screen, and get into the settings that way.  You'll find many other options there.