Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DaDuke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Battery is on full charge, the camera was working fine for a week then went offline.  I removed the camera from the app and tried to re-install.  I've held down the sync button for 15s and longer with no result.  The camera blinks once orange and that's all.   I've left the camera overnight with battery out, tried to sync again with unfortunately the same result.  I don't have a base station, the wireless coverage is excellent.  What's this camera's issue?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd wager it's a dead battery. You can swap batteries around if you have multiple cameras to prove this. If so, try this FAQ. The key is to plug in and unplug multiple times to get enough charge into the battery to allow it to charge properly.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

DaDuke
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been plugged in all night and still the same 1 orange flash every once in a while.  This is the 2nd camera as the 1st was defective.  Do i have another defective unit?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But did you use the plug/unplug several times procedure? Just leaving it plugged in won't work.

DaDuke
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's just ridiculous and an unrealistic expectation.  Returned fornfill refund.  

Great looking paper weight, nothing more.