Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro 5S 2K camera registration fails with a notice on the phone of "No cameras were found".  The camera chimes on QR, flashes BLUE until the end of the sequence and then flashes RED, and stops flashing all together.

I am using a Cisco wireless network and have defined a 2.4Ghz only network SSID and have connected my iPhone and the camera to it.

I can see the camera on the network and I can "ping" it from my computer, so I know it has successfully DHCP'd an address.  BTW: this also happens with an Essential Wireless Doorbell that I also purchased at the same time.

I am replacing an older Gen 1 arlo camera system that has worked on this same network for 5+ years without a problem.

Please make a suggestion if you have any.  Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try  using PC (my.arlo.com), and see if that works. Connect the PC with ethernet if you can.

@ssb1 wrote:

I am replacing an older Gen 1 arlo camera system that has worked on this same network for 5+ years without a problem.

That of course uses a base that connects via ethernet, so not at all the same.

There is far too much friction when onboarding newer Arlo cameras - IMO they really need to take a closer look at what they can do to fix that.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree!  Thx for the suggestion.  I'll give it a go

rr77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates, I am having the same problem?

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not yet.  Trying to work with their support folks.  Very painful!

Are you using a Cisco wireless controller?

rr77
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, netgear but getting same symptoms.  I have a doorbell connected no issues but when I try to add the 5s I can get to the barcode and scan with beep then led flashes fast amber and eventually goes out.  I have verified I am on my 2.4Ghz SSID and am in the process of checking router settings but everything else is working.  I read another post that said certain characters in the network name or pwd can cause connection failures and I tried removing those but same results.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My SSID is ARLONET, so that's not my problem

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rr77, ssb1

Try checking your security type within your router. Change to WPA2, if it's not selected already.

Also try checking to see if there are any additional firewall settings enabled.

JamesC

rr77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had several different options for WPA2 and had to select a different option.  Very strange that there were no issues setting up the doorbell, I would have thought all of the arlo cameras would use the same protocols.  I ended up setting up a guest network with the correct WPA2 option just to set up the 5s cameras, after they were set up I switched them to my regular 5G network and then removed the guest network.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

One difference between doorbell and camera is that the doorbell can only do 2.4Ghz.  The Pro 5S can do 2.4 or 5Ghz.  Maybe a clue?  If so, I've not figured it out.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.37.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.37.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.36.41 AM.png

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

LMK if you see anything suspicious

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ssb1 wrote:

LMK if you see anything suspicious

FWIW, the Pro 5s is dual band, so can connect to 5 ghz. Have you tried just onboarding the Pro-5s to your normal SSID?

I am wondering about the 801.b/802g selection on the bottom screen.  You could try later protocols (802.n, 802.ax), and see if that makes any difference.