Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Barbie12
Tutor
Tutor

July 21, 2023 My software just updated to the version 4.5.12_1 ...   it's awful.  I have pro 4, ultra pro 2, and now one pro 5s.   Cameras keep going offline.  One does not pickup movement.  the others I can not program them to not pickup movement, so my cameras keep picking up movement every minute, trees blowing.  I no longer have smart notifications.   Adjusting these cameras smart notification is no in mode.  This needs to be fixed or take me back to the previous version that worked!   I'm ready to give up

5 REPLIES 5
RichGT
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras on the smart hub keep going offline too. The cameras directly connected to my router network appear fine and dont go offline. I have all Arlo 5S cameras.

Barbie12
Tutor
Tutor

I'm returning my Arlo Pro5s camera.  I won't be getting anymore Arlo cameras.   The new version 4.5 is not worth it.  Now the cameras run every minute by picking up trees and bushes blowing.  The battery might last 3 days at this rate. 

RichGT
Initiate
Initiate

Obviously return them if you aren't happy with them - they are too expensive to not work as you want them to. 

If you want to avoid the hassle of going through a refund and replacement process, two things I have done to help reduce the rate at which the battery drains is:

(1) Adjust the motion sensitivity to a lower setting - that way only big objects moving will trigger the recording;

(2) Set up an activity zone on the specific area you want to trigger a recording. 

You can also set the power management to a lower battery use setting, which will record video at the lower resolution. 2K is nice but it comes at a power management cost. So I am running the cameras over specific points of entry at the 2K setting, and the general landscape capture cameras at a lower resolution / higher battery saving mode setting.

Good luck with it.

Barbie12
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for all your information, Rich.    I've tried all those things.  I still need the smart notifications to allow the camera to catch what I need.    It's their Arlo app I think needing to be changed, this new app has been the worst.   The previous app worked.   Looking to find new cameras.   I have the Eufy also, but they are the worst when it comes to sound, they're just awful?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Barbie12,

Cameras dropping offline can often be a symptom of poor signal strength or interference. What does the signal strength icon show for the cameras? How far away from your router are the cameras? If you temporarily relocated the cameras as a test, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC