Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

HomeKit Secure Video - addon with Arlo Secure Plan?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jmsmith77
Follower
Follower

Hi, I know we are told the usual line "At Arlo, we are committed to your privacy and keeping your content safe in the Arlo cloud".  But most of us know this is purely a business decision, as there is no white paper or details to defend your level of encryption and how your stance is better or safer than with a company like Apple.  However, what we do know for a fact is that Apple's HomeKit Secure Video (HKSV) IS encrypted using randomly generated keys on device, while being encrypted end-to-end to iCloud.  Apple's white paper proves this.  They also have a "tentpole" stance on privacy companywide, and their encryption has never been exposed or hacked.

So there's obviously no other reason to not support HKSV other than to drive people to Arlo Secure.

I and MANY others would be willing to pay for Arlo Secure IF you all supported HomeKit Secure Video.  Your hardware is excellent, but I am about to return all my Arlo devices I just bought.  It is bad marketing to say "Apple Home now supported", but NOT HKSV.  Most people, like me, just don't know there is a difference!

The Arlo Secure app is also MUCH slower than Apple Home when viewing HKSV recordings (compared to other cameras I've owned).  It is also a major PAIN to switch back and forth from the Apple Home app to Arlo Secure app just to see recorded videos! 😩

I beg you guys to please reconsider your position on not supporting HKSV - and make it an option - even if it's a paid one.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmsmith77,

There are no plans at this time to support HomeKit Secure Video with Arlo devices. If this changes in the future, an announcement will be made here on the community and Arlo.com.

JamesC