Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KileyKiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Use case: 4 camera inc. doorbell.

I want notifications at night and not during the day. 

Can this be done:

1) at sunrise and during the day: no notifications from patio camera. I want it triggered by motion and sound.

2) at sunset and during the night:

notifications from the patio camera. I want it triggered by motion and sound. 

I have tried creating an automation/routine schedule (Arlo, get your words consistent) when > sunrise, then > customize device: turn on all the next page. But, during the day I still get patio camera notifications. 

I have been a software eng for 20 years. This app is driving me nuts. Arlo, hire a user experience company and fix this app. 

Looking for help, thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KileyKiley wrote:

Can this be done:

1) at sunrise and during the day: no notifications from patio camera. I want it triggered by motion and sound.

2) at sunset and during the night:

notifications from the patio camera. I want it triggered by motion and sound. 

Modify "Arm Home" to arm the patio camera, but not send notifications

Then change the schedule automations to change the mode to Arm Away at sunrise, and Arm Home at sunset.  instead of using customize device).

@KileyKiley wrote:

I have been a software eng for 20 years. This app is driving me nuts.

You're not alone, automations are a mess.  Buggy, and IMO the user experience simply isn't well thought out.

KileyKiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven’t tried that. TBH, hadn’t thought of modifying the mode like that. I will apply this today and follow up. Thank you for the advice. 

KileyKiley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Above is the solution! Thank you very much. I have no idea how to use routines correctly and have given up trying to figure it out. I have the solution to my problem and can move on with life. 

I cannot recommend this app at all. The cameras are very good and I’ve always been pleased with the wireless set up and performance of the cameras. The app is horrible: confusing, misleading, inconsistent, and frustrating.