Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change location

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cooltide
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I change location and timezone on my account  - I now live in a country that doesn’t support the pro5 2k and need to change my location so I have the correct timezone 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cooltide wrote:

How do I change location and timezone on my account  - I now live in a country that doesn’t support the pro5 2k and need to change my location so I have the correct timezone 

Select the profile icon in the upper left of the app, and then select the location.  There is a setting to change the time zone there.

cooltide
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion however it doesn’t allow me to change either country or timezone - those options are greyed out  - I can change address but not country.

I wonder if it might be because I have relocated to a country where Arlo is not supported?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cooltide wrote:

I wonder if it might be because I have relocated to a country where Arlo is not supported?

Maybe.  FWIW, my app does let me change the timezone.  But that wasn't always the case - it used to lock the time zone to the address (if an address was entered for the location).  and I am currently running a test version.

You could try setting up a different location without an address, and see if that lets you set the timezone.  But I'm not sure if you can transfer the cameras to that location without losing the subscription.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ), to see if they have any suggestions.

cooltide
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks 🙏 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Support should have reached out to you to explain this expected behavior. If you have any further questions, please let me know.