Arlo 5S isn't working correctly

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kriddle_277
Tutor
Tutor

I have a brand new Arlo 5S camera that isn't working correctly and Arlo chat person refuses to replace. Anyone have a phone number or mailing address so that I can copy the complaint I'm sending to our State Attorney's office

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kriddle_277

Are you able to provide details about what you're experiencing? We may be able to assist here on the community.

JamesC

kriddle_277
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased 3 5S cameras to replace the 3 old Pro cameras because they were going end of life even though they worked great but the new ones are awful.  I also have 2 Pro 4 cameras with no issue.  The one camera has had issues from the beginning with connection to base and not being able to see live video, the old never had a problem.  Now the video has the left part of the view on the right side of the video and I reset it and after a few hours it started doing the same thing.  Arlo wants me to reset it again and I've already done this and deleted the app on the phone and re-installed.  It does this on the phone app and the computer's web browsers (both Chrome and edge).  This camera is bad and should be replaced. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kriddle_277,

The connectivity symptoms you're describing could be due to an interference or signal strength issue at the cameras location. While it is possible that previous devices worked without issue, network conditions, physical obstructions etc. can effect cameras differently. I took a look at your case notes and it appears this camera is connected to your base station, you could try removing it and connecting it directly to your home network rather than the base station as this could improve signal strength depending on the location of your router.

The second issue you describe, "Now the video has the left part of the view on the right side of the video...", are you saying the image is mirrored? There isn't an option within the Arlo Secure mobile app to mirror an image, but there is an option to rotate 180 degrees. Do you have the rotate 180 degrees toggle enabled?

I will follow up on your support ticket and request a status update.

JamesC

kriddle_277
Tutor
Tutor

The router is further away than the base station.  I had no problem with the old, took it down and put the new up.  Are you saying the new ones don't have as good a receiver as the old.  I've attached a picture of what the video looks like.  The part on the right of the black line is actually supposed to be on the left side of the picture.

kriddle_277_0-1688592670932.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kriddle_277,

While the behavior of the cameras should be similar, every environment is different and the conditions may result in different connectivity from one camera model to the next. As a test, you could try temporarily putting one of your working Pro 5 cameras in the problematic cameras location and test to see if you experience the same behavior.

In any case, the issue you're showing with the "split image" is not expected behavior. I've escalated your support ticket and am consulting internally with the team to determine next steps. Are you able to provide a recording from the camera that has this issue?

JamesC

kriddle_277
Tutor
Tutor

Support has done nothing but keep sending me emails that they are trying to contact me.  I click the link and upload the split picture again and the connections problems.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kriddle_277,

An agent will be reaching out to you with a status update shortly.

JamesC

kriddle_277
Tutor
Tutor

James, thank you for reaching out.  Thanks for Arlo replacing the camera that is having the split video.