All cameras zooming in and changing settings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mablo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an issue with 3 cameras (2x Pro 2, 1x Pro 5S 2k) connected to a Hub 4540, all displaying the same issue.

Every few days, I will log in and see that my cameras have not noticed any motion recently, and when I click the live camera feed, I get a very zoomed in image to maximum for all 3 cameras, showing roughly 10% of the image. When I go to video settings and view the pinch to zoom in the Android app, only 2 sides of the blue box are visible, as if the box is extending off the screen. If I pinch to zoom to the full window, then it will reset the video feed to normal. I also set Power Management to "Best Video" as my cameras are all plugged in, and every time this error happens, this setting has been changed back to "Optimized" - which also turns off 2k recording on the 5S.

Unless I open up the app every hour or so just to check, there will be overnight or a day or two (possibly longer) where the recording on all 3 cameras is too zoomed in to detect any motion, or for a CVR plan to record anything.

I note that on the Android app, you can't solve the issue, since if you go to Video settings for a model Pro 5S 2K camera, it just crashes the app... very useful. So that has to be corrected either by restarting the Hub (after 2-3 restarts the video feed zoom will reset), or using the desktop browser interface to view video settings and change zoom (and Power Management).

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Issue with video settings screen after changing setting had a similar issue in the past which was solved with an update that obviously has never resolved my issue. Other help topics about zoom-in are all people who had a once-off problem of having accidentally clicked to zoom.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mablo 

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Arlo app? 

Mablo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not change the behaviour of trying to access 'Video Settings' for the 5s 2K crashing the app.

I have uninstalled the app completely, and have started only using the desktop web portal (my.arlo.com) to view the cameras, to identify if the zooming in issue is more likely app related or Hub related.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mablo 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.