Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Asumasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I broke the base plate of my Arlo Pro 4 camera with anti-theft mounting and, it seems, that replacement baseplates have neither been made available by Arlo, nor have they been manufactured by some enterprising company. So I will need to use some other system but whatever I can see, and featured on YT, show that people twist the camera onto a thread, which clearly won't work with Arlo Pro 4. I'm thinking about gluing the thread of the mount (e.g. Wasserstein) into the hole in the ball that stabilizes the camera in the mount, but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Model version:  VMC4041P

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Asumasu wrote:

Hello,

I broke the base plate of my Arlo Pro 4 camera with anti-theft mounting and, it seems, that replacement baseplates have neither been made available by Arlo, nor have they been manufactured by some enterprising company. So I will need to use some other system but whatever I can see, and featured on YT, show that people twist the camera onto a thread, which clearly won't work with Arlo Pro 4. I'm thinking about gluing the thread of the mount (e.g. Wasserstein) into the hole in the ball that stabilizes the camera in the mount, but if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Model version:  VMC4041P

Thanks.

You could purchase a replacement antitheft mount

That would include the base plate.

The other option is to purchase a new housing.

Then you can use a standard screw mount, or a magnetic mount.  Note the screw is a standard size, so you don't have to go with an Arlo mount.

A variation is to get the XL upgrade kit, which would also give you the bigger battery.

That requires a screw mount.

Asumasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your reply. I did see the housing+base option but I felt it was quite wasteful (both money an materials) to buy the entire unit just so I can get a new base plate. I would buy the housing-only but it is currently not available, maybe I'll look on eBay. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation