smarthub Pro 4 no feed

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1976Spartan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Smarthub and 3 Pro 4 cameras. My complimentary subscription expired . I assumed that since I had a Smarthub, any new videos would be available on the mobile app in the Feed. Is the only way I can see videos in my Feed in the mobile app is to have a subscription plan? Is the Smarthub storage only for connecting the flash drive to a computer and viewing later?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1976Spartan wrote:

I have a Smarthub and 3 Pro 4 cameras. 

Is this a VMB4540 (or VMB5000) smarthub?

@1976Spartan wrote:

I assumed that since I had a Smarthub, any new videos would be available on the mobile app in the Feed.

No.  If you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000. the process is to 

1. go to the devices page
  2. select he base station
  3. select storage settings

You will see the local recordings there.

If you have a VMB4000 or a VMB4500, then you don't have a smarthub - just a regular hub.  With those bases you need to eject the storage using the app, and then connect it to a PC for browsing/viewing.  That's because those bases only support recording, they do not support playback.

1976Spartan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4540. Arlo calls it a Pro Smarthub on their website. Based on what you said, I have to have a subscription plan if I want to see any video on the feeds and the Pro Smarthub is just storing the video so I have a record I can go back to if I need to????

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1976Spartan wrote:

Based on what you said, I have to have a subscription plan if I want to see any video

No, that is not what I said.

What I said was that to see the local recordings with a smarthub using the  Feed interface you 

1. go to the devices page
  2. select your base station
  3. select storage settings

You don't see them on the Feed page, but you can see them from the app.

1976Spartan
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation