pro4 cameras reset their sensitivity to 80%

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JSC316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. I keep seeing my pro4 cameras reset their sensitivity to 80%, regardless to what I set them to, they switch back to 80. I have checked for updates and they say no update available. Any ideas? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The sensitivity adjustment for triggering events is made in the mode/rules not in the device utility for motion detection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
The sensitivity adjustment for triggering events is made in the mode/rules not in the device utility for motion detection.
JSC316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well thanks for your reply. After some digging, i found mode/rules/edit, if/then...etc
Maybe got it changed. Will see after a few days.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Realise it is late to the party, this is an article I just found on the sensitivity adjustment.

https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera
JSC316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for more help. I'll give that article a read, but at the moment I'm finding that setting my cameras to their highest setting through mode and rules, the utility still shows 80% and the camera is oddly not any more sensitive. I would think it would have picked up the trash man picking up my trash cart, but it didn't. I tested it last night in the dark, and none of the cameras would pick me up walking around until I was about 15 ft away from the camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JSC316 wrote:
 none of the cameras would pick me up walking around until I was about 15 ft away from the camera.

The PIR sensor range is spec'd at "up to 25 feet" for the Pro 4, but there is some lag between the time the camera detects you and the start of recording.  So you likely would move a few feet before recording begins.

In my experience, the PIR sensor performance can vary - depending on ambient temp, and the size/heat of the object being detected.  So it might not be reaching all the way to 25 feet in your situation.

Also, the sensor is most sensitive to motion across the field of view, and is not very sensitive at the top of the field of view.

@JSC316 wrote:
I'm finding that setting my cameras to their highest setting through mode and rules, the utility still shows 80% 

Yes.  The utility threshold is just for testing, and always starts at 80%.  It has nothing to do with the operational setting, which is in the mode/rules.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation