Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

port forward status

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DS1954
Follower
Follower

I am having trouble with my port forwarding status it will not become available. It just keeps flashing unavailable. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Setting your DHCP server in your router settings to provide a static IP address for your hub usually helps so the hub always gets the same address and port forwarding doesn't have to be updated every time the hub and/or router is rebooted.

Herediaraulo
Aspirant
Aspirant

i too are having the same problems the  port forwarding status will not changing in my hubs I have vmb5000 and vmb4540 hubs i have just got off the phone with eero  customer service Which is the name of the router I have which is connected to a frontier router I use a EERO plus 6 for the Wi-Fi  and erhernet connections. I use everything else for the gateway on the frontier side and rhe arlo hubs have a static connection everything is green lit on the eero and frontier side as port forwarding is concerned and for some reason the arlo hubs are not allowing a connection to be port forwarded

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Herediaraulo wrote:

Which is the name of the router I have which is connected to a frontier router I use a EERO plus 6 for the Wi-Fi  and erhernet connections. 

Is the EERO acting as a router or an access point?

It sounds like you might be double-routing.  When that's the case, you need to forward the ports in the frontier router to the EERO, and then forward in the EERO to the smarthub.

Another possibility is that your ISP is blocking the ports (or perhaps using CGNAT, which makes port forwarding impossible).  You can contact them and check on that.

You can check to see if the port(s) are properly open using this website from a PC that is connected to your network:

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation