Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

custom mode stops working every few weeks requiring factory reset

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Jerrill
Follower
Follower

SETUP: I have a custom mode set up to record motion (not audio) but NOT send a notification. I have this mode scheduled during business hours 7 days a week. I have the stock 'armed' mode scheduled outside of business hours so I DO get a notification if there is activity when there should not be. The goal is to record just activity during business hours for liability mitigation and provide security coverage outside of business hours.

PROBLEM: This works well for a few weeks but both the cameras I have just stop recording to the library at some point every few weeks (about the same time, but I can't say at exactly the same time). Switching from 'scheduled' to 'armed' starts to send videos to the library again but WITH notifications every five minutes. When I switch back to 'scheduled' I'm back to the broken state.

WORKAROUND: Doing a factory reset on the cameras seems to resolve the issue for a while.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this? 

I have an open support case this time and I'm trying to be a pain in the a** about it so the issue finally gets some attention. And I've decided to make my 'case' as costly as I can for Arlo so it gets air time above other issues. But I was curious if anyone here has traveled this road before and figured anything out.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation