Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro4 charging with solar panel

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sliew72
Follower
Follower

hi,i have the arlo pro 4,i bought 4,one for each side of the house,when i bought it the salesman told me the charge can last for a while,but in reality it dont last long,i havent timed how long it takes but its definately not 6 months,its not even 2 weeks,but in any case im tired of getting out the ladder to pull it off to recharge it,so i went and bought for 2  solar panels for 2 of the hardest to reach cameras,its charging and its doing what i want,but my concern is the charge signal is red now at 100%,is this ok?and also will having a solar panel continuosly charging do any damage to the internal batteries of the camera?cheers from australia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sliew72 wrote:

but my concern is the charge signal is red now at 100%,is this ok?

It is a confusing color, but ok.  Keep an eye on the total charge (at least for a while), and make sure it remains high.

@sliew72 wrote:

also will having a solar panel continuosly charging do any damage to the internal batteries of the camera?

Arlo says it's fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sliew72 wrote:

but my concern is the charge signal is red now at 100%,is this ok?

It is a confusing color, but ok.  Keep an eye on the total charge (at least for a while), and make sure it remains high.

@sliew72 wrote:

also will having a solar panel continuosly charging do any damage to the internal batteries of the camera?

Arlo says it's fine.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation