Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jnsnAZ
Star
Star

Am  I forced to begin paying when I add a new Pro4 camera to my older Pro2 existing system?  I have not paid for 5 years and am happy with the limited services.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jnsnAZ wrote:

Am  I forced to begin paying when I add a new Pro4 camera to my older Pro2 existing system?  I have not paid for 5 years and am happy with the limited services.

Your Pro 4 will need a subscription to get cloud storage.

jnsnAZ
Star
Star

my current setup (5 yrs) I get email alerts, and events are stored in Library for rolling 30 days.   Is that  called cloud storage??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jnsnAZ wrote:

my current setup (5 yrs) I get email alerts, and events are stored in Library for rolling 30 days.  

30 days retention requires a paid subscription.  I suggest that you double-check that - I believe you will find that you only have 7 days retention.

@jnsnAZ wrote:

Is that  called cloud storage??

Likely yes. 

The only bases that support access to local recordings are the VMB4540 and VMB5000 - and you would certainly know that if you were using that feature, since there are several settings you'd need to make.  Even with those settings, you'd only see recordings in the app, and not in the library.

Other VMB4xxxx bases support local recordings, but the only way to see them is to eject the storage and connect it to a PC.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation