Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Hi, I just bought a pro 4 but motion detection only works some times and live video not working?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
Hi, I just bought a pro 4 but motion detection only works some times and live video not working?

Usually this is caused by a connection problem - low signal strength, or some form of interference.

Is it connected via your home wifi or a base station?

How far is the camera from the base (or router)?

Does moving the camera closer (as a test) resolve the problem?

Focus on the live video first, as there are other potential causes for motion detection problems.  After that's resolved,  circle back to motion detection if it's still an issue.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Hey, cameras are connected to just WiFi,I bought the cameras inside closer to router but still same issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
Hey, cameras are connected to just WiFi,I bought the cameras inside closer to router but still same issue.

How many cameras are you seeing this with?

Are you accessing live video over a cellular data connection, or over your home wifi?  

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Hey,thanks for your reply, the 2 cameras supplied are doing the same,and are connected to 2g home WiFi.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
Hey,thanks for your reply, the 2 cameras supplied are doing the same,and are connected to 2g home WiFi.

Understood.  Though if your phone wifi isn't connected to your home network, then the live video viewed in the app is being routed through the Arlo cloud.  It would be helpful to know if that's the case [or not].

Though since this is happening with both cameras (even when close to your router), it might be time to contact support.  There's link in the upper right of the forum page. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation