Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jettie1767
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo Pro 4 get Homekit support?  This will really be helpful if it did!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to inform everyone that the firmware has been released for compatible base stations/SmartHubs allowing for this HomeKit integration! To learn more, read the announcement post here: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit! 

And feel free to refer to release notes here: Release Notes

To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your Base Station/SmartHub. To learn how to manually update, read more here: How do I update my Arlo firmware manually?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jettie1767,

It is our goal to make as many cameras compatible with HomeKit but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Pro 4 compatibility at this time. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information.

MasterGuns
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish it was known before I purchased the camera. I would have waited. There is no lag time using Homekit vice the Arlo App.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to inform everyone that the firmware has been released for compatible base stations/SmartHubs allowing for this HomeKit integration! To learn more, read the announcement post here: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit! 

And feel free to refer to release notes here: Release Notes

To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your Base Station/SmartHub. To learn how to manually update, read more here: How do I update my Arlo firmware manually?

jettie1767
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve read the announcement.  For the Pro 4 to get HomeKit support, I need to buy a hub?  So, additional spending just to get HomeKit.  And what hub works with the Pro 4 and HomeKit?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey jetti1767,

Yes, you will need the Arlo Pro 4 camera connected to a Arlo Base Station/SmartHub in order to connect it with HomeKit.

The Arlo Pro 4 camera is compatible with the VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000 Base Station/SmartHub.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation