Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo Pro 4 cameras utilize WiFi mesh system?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vankirkjerry
Follower
Follower
I'm confused, will my Arlo pro 4 cameras be utilizing my future WiFi mesh system? I've seen video that implies that wifi has nothing to do with it. That I may have to literally have multiple base stations in order to reach all of my cameras. Thanks in advance for any info.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vankirkjerry wrote:
I'm confused, will my Arlo pro 4 cameras be utilizing my future WiFi mesh system?

Pro 4 cameras give you the option of either connecting to a base/smarthub or to your home wifi network.  So this is up to you.

Direct access to local storage of course requires that you connect them to your base.  CVR also requires that (in addition to the cameras being AC powered).

Bob_Moo
Aspirant
Aspirant
This a great question. I have the pro 4 and an orbi 6 mesh system. Was able to get one camera on line but was not able to get anymore. It worked fine with my nighthawk router which was no a mesh. I think I now have to invest in a base, but before I do I want to make sure that it will solve the problem
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bob_Moo wrote:
This a great question. I have the pro 4 and an orbi 6 mesh system. Was able to get one camera on line but was not able to get anymore. It worked fine with my nighthawk router which was no a mesh. I think I now have to invest in a base, but before I do I want to make sure that it will solve the problem

Most of my cameras are connected to bases, but I am able to connect to my orbi wifi 6 mesh (and previously had no problem with an older orbi that used wifi 5).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation