Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4350P - I changed my router, then had to change it bac

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Lyn7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed my router, then had to change it back, and now none of my Pro 4 cameras will sync.  I tried about 12 times per camera.  They worked before on this same router/modem combination.  I am definitely on a 2.4 GHz band and I am definitely typing in the correct SSID and network password.  The cameras will chime after holding them up to the QR code, but the devices are never found.  Would I be better off with a base station and not trying to sync directly to the router?  Some say you can pair a Pro 4 to a base station, some say you cannot.  THANK YOU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the easiest way to change routers without mucking about with Arlo is to change the new router's SSID and password to the same ones used with the old router. Connection should then be seamless without the need to do anything else.

As for the current situation, did you also delete the cameras from your account before trying to reconnect them? If not, do so now. You may also want to use the reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you still have the new router powered along with the original router, that could be causing wifi interference.
You should also try using the arlo web portal on browser pc connected to the local network for importing cameras.

Regards the base station question, yes you can import your cameras to a VMB4xxx or VMB5xxx unit only. They have backup storage features with the 4540 and 5000 giving you viewing access via the mobile app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the easiest way to change routers without mucking about with Arlo is to change the new router's SSID and password to the same ones used with the old router. Connection should then be seamless without the need to do anything else.

As for the current situation, did you also delete the cameras from your account before trying to reconnect them? If not, do so now. You may also want to use the reset procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Lyn7
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG!!  The factory reset worked!!  I can't thank you enough.  I tried everything else (except for renaming the new router the same as the old) and nothing worked.  I have my cameras back.  THANK YOU SO MUCH

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation