Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to see and view video recordings on my phone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CuJoe
Guide
Guide

Got Arlo Pro 4 using smart hub VMB4540 on my Android phone.

As of yesterday (Mon, 8/1) have not been able to view my recordings on my phone. App tells me "No recordings" when I try to watch video. I pulled the USB drive and videos are being recorded - I can watch them off the USB drive.

I've tried rebooting and power cycling the VMB4540.

Updated my Arlo app on phone to the latest.

Tried another USB drive (no difference).

I didn't make any changes to any of the settings when this started happening.

It worries me that this started happening August 1 (perhaps a coincidence).

Any help would be appreciated and ideas on what to try.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CuJoe
Guide
Guide

This issue has been resolved.

The WiFi connection on my phone had been disabled. I did *not* do it. It had to be the Android update that occurred on my phone the day this all started happening.

I didn't notice right away because the other apps I were using were utilizing mobile data, not WiFi. Accessing the base unit from my phone requires WiFi so that's why I couldn't see my recordings.

If it wasn't the update, it then had to be some other app on my phone that did it. I talked to some people who had Android and they all indicated to me they've had issues after an update was done. Not going to argue with anyone who loves Android and simply can't believe an update would do this. Going to (hopefully) close this message/ticket and enjoy being able to see my video recordings.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription?

Often this happens when the trial subscription ends.  Is that a possibility?

CuJoe
Guide
Guide

No. No subscription. Been using local storage for years until this happened on August 1st.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CuJoe wrote:

No. No subscription. Been using local storage for years until this happened on August 1st.

Have you tried anything to resolve it?  For example, reformat the storage?

CuJoe
Guide
Guide

Did you read my original post?

I've tried a variety of things to resolve it. Including trying another USB drive. So, it would appear the local storage isn't the issue.

CuJoe
Guide
Guide

UPDATE:

I remembered that I did an update to my phone either late on 7/31 or early 8/1.

So, I loaded the Arlo Secure app on another phone... and I was able to access and view the recordings!

So, it would appear that my android phone is the problem. Believing it may be a resource issue, I immediately uninstalled about 8 apps from my phone and... the problem is still happening on my phone!

It appears that the update is what is causing the problem. Going to compare settings on the phone that works to my phone. Not sure what else to try.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their Android phone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working fine here on a Pixel 6. What phone and OS is the problem device?

CuJoe
Guide
Guide

This issue has been resolved.

The WiFi connection on my phone had been disabled. I did *not* do it. It had to be the Android update that occurred on my phone the day this all started happening.

I didn't notice right away because the other apps I were using were utilizing mobile data, not WiFi. Accessing the base unit from my phone requires WiFi so that's why I couldn't see my recordings.

If it wasn't the update, it then had to be some other app on my phone that did it. I talked to some people who had Android and they all indicated to me they've had issues after an update was done. Not going to argue with anyone who loves Android and simply can't believe an update would do this. Going to (hopefully) close this message/ticket and enjoy being able to see my video recordings.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation