Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo website says they fixed this issue 20 minutes ago but I’m still unable to see any recordings or get motion notifications for the past hour. I am unable to select live view either does anyone else have this problem still? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback. The symptoms with missing recordings and delayed live streaming  should now be resolved. Please let me know if you experience this again. 

You can find more info here: https://status.arlo.com

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This should now be resolved. Please test again and let me know.

Thanks!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for providing your feedback. The development team is investigating these reports and I will provide more information as soon as possible. 

42 REPLIES 42
TacoTuesday
Star
Star

Live view and video recordings are not working for me either. 

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

It’s 1:08 Eastern time and I am having this issue. For me, the issue started around 11am. I reset and hard reset my base station as well as taking batteries out of cameras and putting them back in. I cannot view cameras live and they are not recording. What is going on?

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

It’s an issue on arlo’s end, not the customer side. They need to fix it on their systems. I’m in the west coast so it sounds like it’s a problem nation wide. Can someone from support please chime in on this?

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. I hope it gets resolved soon. 

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

Do we know if Arlo is aware of the issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SciTeacher wrote:

Do we know if Arlo is aware of the issue?

They are.  See https://status.arlo.com/

Though the website claims livestreaming is working, it is not working for me.  The system says "Connecting" for a while, and then gives up.

Qrylander
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure what happened, my cameras all have a strong signal to the router and have 80% or more charge but all of a sudden do not show the live feed and stopped recording/detecting motion. I have no clue what happened 

TacoTuesday
Star
Star

Their system status says recordings are down only, but that’s partially true. Live stream is also down even though they say it’s up. 

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

That is exactly what it does when I try to view live stream. It will also indicate that it senses motion but will not record. Thank you for your reply.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for providing your feedback. The development team is investigating these reports and I will provide more information as soon as possible. 

Wilburdoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Status site is showing an outage for video recording.  Live Streaming is also down.

Just1Guy
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue.  It’s now 1:31 cst and cameras haven’t recorded for 3 or more hours.  Not home right now and actually had an event.  Received 12 or so camera alarms and not one recording.  
Fortunately it was my daughter and she called.  Had it been a true break-in I would have had no recorded evidence. This is awful.  

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

Update 3pm.

Looks like my issue is mostly resolved. Live is now working. Recordings and recording notifications are showing up in library but are very slow to do so. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback. The symptoms with missing recordings and delayed live streaming  should now be resolved. Please let me know if you experience this again. 

You can find more info here: https://status.arlo.com

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

As of 5:30pm Eastern, cameras are set to 100% to detect motion. They are slow to detect motion and don’t detect motion of my pets. Recordings are still very slow to show up in library and give notification minutes later.

123property
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent chat to support and it was fixed in a couple of hours. Thank you!

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are your recordings lagging as well? Mine is taking a minute or so after it picks up motion 

SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, they were. As the evening has gone on, it seems the issues are getting resolved. My service is pretty much back to normal. 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shane, I’m seeing other posts in Reddit as well as my own experience that after the fix was implemented the app is running much slower. There always was about a minute delay from the motion event to notification and now it’s over that and even opening the app itself is slower

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tonered12 

Is this affecting any specific devices? I tested this and the Arlo app is loading and cameras are live streaming within a normal timeframe.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shane, it’s all devices I have Arlo 4s and essential cameras as well as a doorbell.. I am also experiencing issues this morning not able to do live view and missing recordings 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice
  • Other users are reporting the same issue to me in another forum as of this morning , missing recordings and unable to do live view option @ShayneS 
SciTeacher
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I was just coming on here to see if others are having the same issue again this morning. I cannot view live feed and I am not getting any recordings again. @ShayneS 

bhb1717
Initiate
Initiate

Live view and video recordings are not working for me. Started not working on 7/25/2024 

Discussion stats