Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add Arlo pro 4 camera to homekit

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JCS56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got off the phone with absolute useless Arlo customer service.  The person recommended the usual unplug, plug in base station. Make sure you are on the same wifi…. Then remove base station from homekit, which I did. Now it will no longer connect by using the two methods described on Arlo’s home page. I am using VB5000

Needless to say, I am unable to integrate my Arlo 4 cameras with home kit as well. Please help. In this day and age homekit integration should be a breeze, not an all afternoon trouble shooting affair.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Has Arlo done a token reset?

JCS56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo has not done a token reset. I called today to ask for this but the man on the other end was refusing to understand that I was steps ahead of him in troubleshooting this issue.

Overall, I am always amazed on how a woman is treated when calling Arlo tech support.  

That aside, I tried to find an online request link to get a token reset, but Arlo does not make this an obvious choice. So if you have a magic direct line, please help me. Thank you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JCS56 wrote:

Arlo has not done a token reset. I called today to ask for this but the man on the other end was refusing to understand that I was steps ahead of him in troubleshooting this issue.

Overall, I am always amazed on how a woman is treated when calling Arlo tech support.  

That aside, I tried to find an online request link to get a token reset, but Arlo does not make this an obvious choice. So if you have a magic direct line, please help me. Thank you.

Did you access support through the app?  People ask for this all the time, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The mods often will do token resets, so I am tagging them:  @JamesC , @BrookeN  , @ShayneS .  It might not happen today though (mod staffing is lighter on weekends).

JCS56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for tagging the mods. I hope I get a token reset soon.

I did access telephone support using the Arlo App.

Again, it seems many people have homekit integration issues and require token reset.

Arlo could make this process less frustrating by giving a direct link to people in their troubleshooting department who can provide this service without going through lots of red tape. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

JCS56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting the bridge worked. Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation