Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two cameras, two locations, one account

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Johnohol
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, 

I need help with this.. Sooner than later.. 

I installed a Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera #on our mountain-cabin half a year ago. It works great with 4G(/WiFi) Router. But, I'd like to install a Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell #at home (different location/WiFi) But will both cameras work in the App (one account) or, must I register etch camera to a separate Arlo-account/subscription?

I'd be really glad if someone could help me with this. 

/John

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnohol wrote:

I installed a Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera on our mountain-cabin half a year ago. It works great with 4G(/WiFi) Router. But, I'd like to install a Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell at home (different location/WiFi) But will both cameras work in the App (one account) or, must I register etch camera to a separate Arlo-account/subscription?

Arlo is migrating to a new user interface, and this depends in part on whether you have the old interface or the new one.  You can tell by looking at the main menu - the older interface has "Library", and the newer one has "Feed".

With the "Library" interface you can just use a multicamera subscription for both locations.

With "Feed", you can set up locations, with different cameras at each location.  If you set it up that way, you will need two subscriptions (one per location).  If you can get by with a single location, then you'd only need one.

Everyone will be getting "Feed" at some point - no idea when.  There is a way to migrate to "Feed" right away if you are in the US.

FWIW, 2 single camera subscriptions are cheaper than the multicamera subscription.

Johnohol
Initiate
Initiate

My UI says Library. 

Thank you for the replay. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnohol wrote:

My UI says Library. 

So one subscription would work for now, but you will need to add another when Arlo migrates everyone to "Feed".

mlh0920
Aspirant
Aspirant

What will happen to those folks who setup multi-locations when they push to Feed?  I'm looking to install for a parent who's pretty far away and I won't be able to walk them thru setup. I want something I can setup and trust that it'll remain working. I installed a ring doorbell months ago and the video doesn't compare to my older arlo cameras, so I'm looking to swap it out this next visit.

Thanks!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mlh0920 wrote:

What will happen to those folks who setup multi-locations when they push to Feed? 

Not sure I understand this, since you can't set up multiple locations in the app if you don't have Feed.  As far as it is concerned, the cameras will be in one location.

With Library, you can still control the two cameras independently by creating custom modes.  You could still do that with Feed, but you only have 3 modes to work with. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation