Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The cover to the front of the camara fell off

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
NFradkin
Tutor
Tutor

The cover to the front of the camara fell off. I am unable to reinstall, please help

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NFradkin wrote:

The cover to the front of the camara fell off. I am unable to reinstall, please help

Can you post a picture?  I'm not sure what you mean by "cover to the front of the camera".  

sesser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing just happened to mine. The plastic tabs in which the screws secure the face to the body just sheered off when removing the camera from the housing. This appears to be a weakness in the design of the unit. I took a picture and circled the 4 points that are broken.

20240312_125001.jpg

NFradkin
Tutor
Tutor

I believe it is a bad design.  They accused me of mishandling; therefore they refused to take responsibility.  Their only offer was to sell me another one.  

I hope you have better luck.
sesser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo pro 3 and 2 pro 4 and I've had 4 pro 2 in the past. In the past 10+ years, I've never had this happen. Hopefully they knowledge this deficiency in design, but perhaps it's time for change.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you experience this with more than one Pro 4 device or just one camera? How old are the cameras that experienced the issue?

JamesC

NFradkin
Tutor
Tutor

Only experience this issue with the one camera. Purchased and installed this camera about three years ago.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation