Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Standby Ignoring Rule

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

This is really about the Wired Doorbell or the Keypad Hub. I customized the Standby mode to allow the doorbell to be active. It shows active on my app dashboard, video recording on motion and notifications are turned on and do work. The last thing in my feed states Standby activated and no more video snippets even though I have customized Standby to keep the doorbell alive, active, and recording what it sees. This looks like a bug in the programming for the feed. I do it this way so when I return home and turn the alarm off my doorbell is active with having to press the Home Away button which I customized for an overnight schedule.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I find I occasionally have to reboot my hub so the doorbell records. If yours is connected to your WiFi, reboot the camera in the camera settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I find I occasionally have to reboot my hub so the doorbell records. If yours is connected to your WiFi, reboot the camera in the camera settings.

Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

I think what happens with these modes, and consistent with other devices I've owned, is that the mode is initialized when it is activated, not necessarily when it is redefined. So switching modes and then going back to the that was changed seems to make it work with the new changes. BTW, I really like the customization that's available.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation