Sound notification sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nickg622
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning. I hope you can help with an issue I am having with my Arlo4 camera. It keeps going off for sound notifications for no reason. Last night I received 126 sound alerts. Is there any way to turn this function off or lower the sensitivity. I don’t need an alert when it picks up a squirrel farting in a tree. Last night I also got 8 vehicle alerts which only showed my car in the driveway. There was light rain and little wind but that’s about it. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your modes and rules. In each rule for a camera that has a mic is a selection for audio detection - uncheck it and save.

Nickg622
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately that did not work. I have both the microphone and speaker turned off. I am not sure if it is a sound detection although the notification says sound. I am getting these like 10-15 an hour including getting vehicle alerts when it is only my car parked in the driveway. This only started happening over the last month or so. Could the camera be defective? It’s less than 6 months old.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nickg622 wrote:
Unfortunately that did not work. I have both the microphone and speaker turned off.

Are you sure you looked in the right place?  Here's a screenshot of what @jguerdat asked you to check (for a Pro 3 Floodlight instead of a Pro 4):

audiodetection.png

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation