Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record only people no other movements

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kometak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, in smart notifications I allow to be notified only for people detections however recordings are captured for other movements such as my robotic lawn mover. Is there a way to capture recording only for people not to exhaust battery?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kometak wrote:
Hello, in smart notifications I allow to be notified only for people detections however recordings are captured for other movements such as my robotic lawn mover. Is there a way to capture recording only for people not to exhaust battery?

Unfortunately no. Arlo doesn't provide any way to supress the recordings based on the smart classification. 

FWIW, it wouldn't improve battery life, because the classification would need to be done in the cloud - the camera just streams video whenever it detects motion.  It doesn't do the classification, nor determine if the motion is in the activity zones.

kometak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your quick reply. Perhaps it could be nice product feature on the future roadmap? Given you allow suppression of notifications based on people/animal etc. I find it odd not to allow same practice for recording. E.i. introducing Smart recording that’d work the same as smart notifications. Just a thought but given I’ve seen similar topic like this raised before it’d be a welcome feature for more of us. Thanks for consideration.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kometak wrote:
Thank you for your quick reply. Perhaps it could be nice product feature on the future roadmap? Given you allow suppression of notifications based on people/animal etc. I find it odd not to allow same practice for recording. E.i. introducing Smart recording that’d work the same as smart notifications. Just a thought but given I’ve seen similar topic like this raised before it’d be a welcome feature for more of us. Thanks for consideration.

FYI, this is a user to user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  (Arlo employees who are active here all have Arlo logos next to their user names).

I agree it would be a useful feature, with the caveat that you would lose some recordings of interest due to misclassification.

kometak
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies as I am new to Arlo and thanks for looking into this. Perhaps Arlo employee might spot this. If there is any specific way how to submit/suggest feature request to Arlo, I'd be happy to fill it out and specify. Have a nice day.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kometak wrote:

Perhaps Arlo employee might spot this. If there is any specific way how to submit/suggest feature request to Arlo, I'd be happy to fill it out and specify. 

The mods do work for Arlo ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) and they do pass along feedback from users.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation