Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications suddenly stopped on IPhone with Arlo Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bigfishman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo accounts both using arlo Pro 4 cameras and base stations and push notifications suddenly stopped working on one of the accounts on my iPhone.  I have checked settings and everything appears to be setup correctly and are the same between the two accounts.  The account where push notifications no longer work recently had an Arlo secure plan turned on then off the same day.  I am suspicious that whoever canceled the plan at arli did something to that account since it quit working the next day.  I am unable to get help via chat or phone.  Any ideas on why one account receives push notifications and another doesn’t? 

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bigfishman 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Bigfishman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  As an additional piece of information I requested email notifications when anyone replied to this thread and I did not get a notification.

Here is a list of the steps I have completed.

Made sure IPhone and Arlo app were both updated to latest versions.

Iphone settings Arlo App:

Made sure notifications is turned on in the Arlo App under settings on phone.  Banner style is temporary and sound/badges are both turned on.

Verified Phone is not operating in low power mode.

Verified schedule summary of notifications is set to Off.

Arlo App Actions:

Made sure mute notifications is turned to off

Made sure focus status of of “do not disturb” is set to off and all other Focus settings are off.

Made sure system is armed and push notifications are enabled for motion for each camera.  Also set one camera for email notifications as well as push.  Not getting email notifications either on the one camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with the email address of the affected account?

Bigfishman
Aspirant
Aspirant

PM sent

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received thanks. I see the Pro 4 cameras as offline, Is this a recent occurrence as this won't allow the cameras to send any notifications.

Bigfishman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras were offline for a few hours due a power disruption.  I just looked now and they are working.  As a matter of fact the still on my app of the driveway camera shows a delivery truck in driveway and I didn’t receive email or push notification

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

So the device that is granted access does not receive the notifications correct?

Which version of the Arlo app does this device have installed? 

Bigfishman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct, my device is primary and does not get notifications.  I also granted access to another that is not getting notifications either.

both devices have Arlo app version 4.10

i want to note that I do receive notifications from another account associated with a different email.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have notified the support team and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation