Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro4 camera on solar panel constantly going offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Pro4 cameras, one on a solar panel that went offline almost daily.   It's in a great spot for solar and for capturing a large part of the property but it is pretty high - hence the desire for solar.  I even moved the router and smart hub to a spot in the house where this camera consistently gets a strong signal.  I had to drag out the ladder daily because the camera was offline.  Finally, because the only unique thing about this camera was the solar panel, three days ago I disconnected the panel  - and have had no problems since.  Any ideas what may have been going on?  It's an Arlo solar panel...and packed up ready to be returned unless someone here can help solve this problem!  Thanks for any guidance or help you can offer!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IFM,

Have you tried reconnecting the solar panel to see if you continue experiencing the same behavior? If you can successfully replicate the offline behavior after reattaching the solar panel, this could give more insight on the cause of the issue.

JamesC

IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, yes. Repeatedly.  I have switched cameras and removed cameras/reinstalled them on the system over many, many days to try to identify the problem.  It didn't seem to matter which camera was attached to the solar panel...it would go offline...sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after some time.  I was reaching the point where I felt I needed to leave the ladder in place permanently!  

With great disappointment I returned the solar panel yesterday.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A replacement panel would likely solve the problem. In general, solar panels don't cause problems b ut a single faulty one can.

IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, thanks.  That was my conclusion.  I returned that panel and plan to try another when the weather is better.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation