Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 will not work - does not resync, doesn't connect, etc

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JerLucas
Follower
Follower

Gotta say, this is a pretty terrible product with extremely poor support.  Has always struggled to connect, but for the most part I've been able to get it working until recently when it just went completely offline.  It will not connect to my network.  I've tried resetting it multiple times, and now it will no longer reset (hold the sync button down for 15 seconds and the amber lights will not come on).  I can not get the product to the stage where the blue light is flashing so it can read the QR code.  Just a total joke, no idea why the connection process for this product is so hard.

Tried to contact support, there is no phone number, and then you are just stuck on a chat with a "waiting for an agent" notice and there are 5 people ahead of you but it doesn't seem to progress.

And I am a subscriber as well, but not for long that's for sure.  This camera is headed to the garbage.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JerLucas,

If you're not seeing the correct LED pattern when holding the sync button, you may need to charge the camera first before completing the factory reset.

After you've factory reset and re-onboarded the camera, take note of the signal strength icon for the camera. Poor signal strength can cause the symptoms you originally were experiencing.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation