Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 - two homes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Julavila4
Aspirant
Aspirant
My mom has arlo cameras at her house and she gave me access to view them. I just purchased my own set of cameras. Am I able to see hers and mine once I set them up? And am I able to turn off notifications for her cameras but leave notifications on for mine?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email notifications would happen without intervention of the app. Push notifications are a function of being logged into the app.

I can't say for sure that you can remove her cameras - she may need to remove your access from her account. However it works, it won't have any effect on her app/account at all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, all cameras will show in your account. However, you can't disable push notifications from her cameras - she would have to do that which would also disable hers - push notification settings are global. If she changed to email notifications, she could exclude you but the notifications would come after the video is uploaded rather than immediately.

Julavila4
Aspirant
Aspirant
So a solution would be two different email accounts maybe? But that's probably not ideal because the app will probably only display notifications for the email account I'm LAST logged into? Or is there a better solution?
Also, if I decided to remove her cameras (since it'll be too much activity for my sanity) and only keep mine on my email, would that affect her app as well? Or is it different on her email because she's the administrator?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email notifications would happen without intervention of the app. Push notifications are a function of being logged into the app.

I can't say for sure that you can remove her cameras - she may need to remove your access from her account. However it works, it won't have any effect on her app/account at all.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation