Pro 4 camera mode rules

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

On days when I go outside to work around the house I try to remember to set the mode of all my cameras to disarmed so I don't get a flood of notices of motion and videos recorded.  But then, after a few hours, I come inside and we enjoy the evening, go to bed and wake up the next day and I realize I never armed the cameras again.  So, I'm wondering if there is a way to address this, aside from fixing my lousy memory. Is there a feature or could one be created to set a rule that disarms, but then arms again at a predetermined time that I set and don't have to remember?  Or perhaps it sends periodic reminders via text or email at an interval that I can set, say every 2 hours.  I see no way to do this kind of thing. I'm wondering if it can be done and I just haven't seen how, or how to submit a suggestion.

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There is a mute notification for set period feature in the app settings menu, still records unfortunately.

If you work regularly in the yard during the day you could set a schedule to use a custom mode to manage which cameras are active.

Being able to turn off a camera for a set period would be ideal for doing the lawns, unfortunately it is not possible.

SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. That's not quite what I had in mind, but it's better than forgetting. I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but I set up schedules and can switch to that mode if I want and then it will at least be back to armed for night. I didn't see a mute notifications option. But, I would sure like to see something like what I described.  Nevertheless, I appreciate the idea and will be making use of it.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

https://kb.arlo.com/000062283/How-to-Mute-Arlo-Notifications 

You would normally set up the mode operation to have geofencing enabled to be armed when away and schedule when home.

I use three custom modes to cover the 24hrs of the day, daytime, evening and midnight. Operating this way means I don’t have to change anything, just set and forget.

The only headache for me is to remember to turn the cameras back on after I finish the lawns since I turn them off to save battery.

Apart from this the schedule does everything else.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation